Withings WiFi Body Scale WBS01
With its extra-flat black-and-steel design, which makes it the ideal bathroom decoration, the Withings WiFi Body Scale WBS01 is jam-packed with technology yet remaining simple to use. The scale has a built-in WiFi connection that allows it to automatically record all your weight and impedance measurements wirelessly to the users secure Withings webpage.
From any web browser, a user can log on and see a rich, relevant view of all their weight data collected by the scale, with no time limitation and in total confidentiality. Withings has also developed the first IPhone application, WiScale, available free on the iTunes App Store. This way, the user can keep their very own fitness coach right in their pocket that they can consult whenever and wherever they like.
Seen as a real revolution in the Internet of Things, the Withings connected scale can also be directly related to various and numerous innovative services such as Twitter, RunKeeeper or Google Health.
The first WiFi scale connected to the internet to automatically register weight, fat and BMI calculation!
The Withings WiFi body scale analyzes your body composition and automatically stores your weight data online thanks to a wireless WiFi connection. You can monitor the long term evolution of your weight, your BMI (Body Mass Index) and your fat mass directly on a secured web dashboard. It is also possible to share your data with people you chose (emails, websites, Twitter).
Its stylish design comes in addition to high performance electronics, using a technology so far only used by health professionals. The accuracy of its measurements makes it the ideal tool to monitor your health and fitness.
Main features and functions
Weight, BMI and Body Fat Measurement
All the insights you need to take control of your body and weight.
Position Control technology
Helps properly position your body for high-accuracy measurement.
Syncs readings using your Wi-Fi network
Don’t bother tracking down your weight, your scale does it for you.
Free Health Companion App + Compatible Apps
Visualize your weight trends, watch your efforts pay and feel good about it!
Multi-user support with automatic recognition
Works for all and recognizes every family member.
· Instant weigh-in by getting on the scale
· Automatically turns on and off
· Data can be set to private or shared with the other users of the scale
· Ability to make your graphs accessible on a webpage
· Ability to automatically publish your weight on Twitter
· Ability to upload information to a select number of third party websites
· Display units : kg, lb, stlb
· Graduation 0.1 kg (0.2 lbs) – 4 sensors
· Maximum 180 kg (396 lbs)
· (4) 1.5V batteries (AAA) included
· ITO Invisible electrodes
· Fat mass
· Lean mass
· Body mass index (BMI)
· Extra flat scale 0.9 inches
· Glass slab 12.6 x 12.6 inches
· Weight 2.3 kg (5.1 lbs)
|Personalized multi-user monitoring
· Supports up to 8 users per scale
· Automatic user recognition
· Comparison to reference values dictated by doctors
· Big graphical screen (2.4″ x 1.6″)
· White, high-contrast lighting
· Private website secured by password
· Monitoring weight fluctuations and fat mass graph
· Comparison to reference values dictated by doctors
· Ability to set objectives
· Web browser supported: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari¹
· Wireless 802.11g
· Very low power consumption
· WEP/WPA/WPA2-personal security
- Withings : http://www.withings.com/
- Withings official blog : http://blog.withings.com/
- WiScale application on the iPhone: http://www.itunes.com/app/wiscale
Withings Scale Press reviews
“The Connected Scale from Withings not only looks the part,somewhere between the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey and an iPhone, but it performs futuristic functions, too.”
“More often the object of dread than fascination, the humblebathroom scale has been given a makeover by Withings…”
“The Wi-Fi body scale from Withings can keep dieters connected”
” Help them keep their New Year’s resolution this year with the WiFi Body Scale.
“Not only does the Withings Connected Scale look ridiculously stylish with its tempered glass surface, brushed metal accents and inverted LCD display, but its functions actually manage to outweigh its form.”
“…the icing on the cake, or maybe the cottage cheese on the celery is a better analogy, is the free WiScale iPhone app which gives you access to [your] graphs and weight data from your phone.”
“We immediately noticed how easy this was going to be. There’s nothing to it — you just step on the scale, stand there for about 15 seconds while the scale measures your weight and body fat, and step off […] About a minute later, the data it collects appears on the password-protected Withings website”
“If you are trying to get in shape and you want to track detailsabout your body the Withings WiFi Body Scale may be perfect for you.”
“So, the Withings Wi-Fi scale may be an ideal gift for the fitnessobsessed and/or diet-prone in your life”
“…the more I think about it the more I like the idea.”
“Today’s weight: 97kg’- how online updates are getting more intimate Weighing scales from French technology company Withings use a wireless internet connection to tweet your weight every time you stand on them. ”